A week ago if you tell me that a trek can change your perception of life, I would have probably laughed at you, if you were tell me that trek is going to inspire you, teach you so many new things and give you motivation for coming year I might have mocked you.
Yet, today I stand here as a change person from my trek to Kedarkantha December 2018. These 6 days taught me, how to look at your life in optimistic way, hurdles will come but if you step in right way you might not feel it as hurdle and may pass through it with joy.
Every view was nostalgic however every step was teaching something, it was a bold move to go for a high altitude trek when you have an asthma or breathing problem, but I do love to take challenges and it always keep me moving.
While reaching to base village and looking at surroundings you feel, will I get a proper food? It looks like I am going to die by cold….. Are they going to stop……? You are completely tired by 8 hours bus journey and you land in small village called Sankri, to your surprise not just delicious food you have a nice bed with awesome breath taking view and a polite people who really want to help you.
After refreshment everyone was called in one room for briefing from our amazing trek lead Monil. He completely changed my perspective of looking at things while trekking. He says I quote “Ascend is all about determination and passion and descend is about how you use techniques and how focus you are on each step.” This made me think that it’s not just walk or hike but a lesson and it’s going to be walking meditation.
• Its 80% mind and 20% your physical strength: You will get steep path, terrene which are almost difficult to walk or hike but if you convince your mind it is easy your body will accept it and you will keep going up, do not stop until you listen to your heart beats, indeed not just in Himalaya or on trek but in every aspect of life strength is in your mind then your body.
• Take Baby steps but keep moving: Going slow is always better then running and then taking a big pause, you can conquer anything if you don’t give up in life and keep consistency, In trek or in life to go ahead fast we increase our pace and one point we ran out of our breath or strength and we either quite or focus on something else, its better be slow and steady always.
• Use technique: I thought it’s just hike and I just need to concentrate on my next step till the time I slipped on snow, if you don’t follow your techniques you are going to slip, and same thing in your life as well if you don’t use your skill you will fall, so keep learning and keep moving forward
• There is bigger world outside if you can connect with yourself:
watching your own thoughts while walking was really a bliss, I understood what walking meditation means, how your body reacts when you are calm, focused and active at the same time.
• Just Another Step : the entire trek and life is all about Just Another Step, keep your goal have a vision but focus on just another step, it will make your life way easier, because your mind is focused on next step which is possible for you rather then climbing 14000 ft., let it be trek or any situation in life focus on next step and have a bigger picture and vision in your mind
Thanks to Monil Jhaveri and Team for giving such an amazing experience and teaching life lessons.